Ishwarayya was born in Kudlu village in 1880, third child of Mr. Thippayya and Mrs. Venkamma. He attended primary school in Kudlu and later joined the Prohibition Department of the Madras Province. He was well-known locally as a Practitioner of Ayurveda and he had successfully treated many sick people. He married Devamma and had three sons and four daughters. Devamma?s parents lived in Korakodu near Kasaragod.
Ishwarayya was a compassionate and a religious person. One of the highlights of his life was establishing Chamundeshwari Temple in Kudlu with the help of his brothers Subraya, Somayya and Ramayya. The temple was originally consecrated (Brahmakalasha) on June 1933.. It is located in front of his house and has been renovated in 1993. A photo of the renovated Chamundeshwari Temple is here. He mass fed the poor in Kudlu 11 times. He died in 1953 and Devamma died in 1966.